Y'shua | יֵשׁוּעַ
... a light for the revelation of the Gentiles.
And a glory to your people Israel.
Isaiah 49:6 CJB| Luke 2:32 AENT
"That IS your job!"
“Oh! They pay me very well!” “The best paid hard work and the lowest paid easy work.”
Oh, how I remember those days! The mansion listed on The National Registry of Historic Places, at the pinnacle of the hill overlooking New London Harbor. My friends called me the “Harbor Master”. From my third floor home office, to see the eastern tip of Long Island 17 miles to the south across Long Island Sound; all I had to do was turn my head and look out the window. Astral silver Mercedes Benz, fat 401-k, fat income, thriving business. Life is good! Really? Empty - Six Years of atheism.
When by a miracle (The little miracle in the MG) I was turned from atheism to Trust in YAH, I started at the very basic foundation, the first and second commandments, with a very simple daily prayer: “Dear Lord you are my God and I am your child. Remove all the gods from my life.” Money was a god. My mansion was a god. Business was a god. Vastly oversimplifying, within the space of six years I was near blind with cataracts, without business, money, income, insurance, or mansion and 718 miles from home living in a place characterized as “one step away from homeless”. So much for “Prosperity Gospel”. Refining and moving me where YAH wanted me to be required that I totally give up wanting to be where I wanted to be.
Prayer in the morning and six mile Walk-N-Pray - and with that every morning is consumed. In 2011 as I left my “one step away from homeless” room for my six mile Walk-N-Pray, I fixated in prayer on trying to revive my business, find a job, -something. Everything seemed no win; can’t see, no money, dwindling residual commission business income, no insurance. I just kept praying for direction – trusting YAH. One day on my walk I hear The-VOICE-
“Your time for work is over!”
My instant reaction, walking north on Cleveland Avenue, facing four lanes of early morning commuter traffic, was to stop, look up and sarcastically yell: “That’s convenient!” Even so, I accepted what I had heard, trusting the future, no matter what to my Creator.
Weeks later, early in the morning prayer was started but there were pressing things that needed to get done. So pressing that my prayer was “Lord I don’t have time for prayer —“ I did not get to finish my sentence when I hear The-VOICE-
“THAT IS YOUR JOB!”
Sitting down, stopping all movement, I had to absorb and understand what I had just heard. Instantly I remembered 2008 sitting in that car in the empty shopping center, confused about what was going on. (“I will take care of you.” ) Come what may, bad or good, I needed to completely, totally, without reservation, trust YAH, walking –in total obedience- the path he lays out only six feet at a time.
THE GOOD NEWS ACCORDING TO MARK 10: (Aramaic English NT | Roth)
17. And while he was traveling on the road, a certain man ran up and fell upon his knees, and asked him, and said, “Good teacher, what should I do to gain eternal life?” 18. And Y’shua said to him, “Why do you call me good? There is no one good, except Elohim. 19. Do you know the Commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not kill, and do not bear false witness,46 do not defraud, honor your father and your mother?”47 20. And he answered and said to him, “Teacher I have kept all of these things from my youth.” 21. And Y’shua looked at him and loved him and said to him, “One thing is lacking in you. Go and sell everything that you have and give it to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. And take up your staff and follow me.” 22. But he was sad at this saying and departed while being grieved. For he had much wealth. 23. And Y’shua looked at his disciples and said to them, “How difficult it is for them who have wealth to enter into the Kingdom of Elohim.” 24. And the disciples were wondering at his words. And Y’shua answered again and said to them, “My sons, how difficult it is for those who rely on their wealth to enter into the Kingdom of Elohim. 25. It is easier for a rope48 to enter through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of Elohim.” 26. And they were all the more wondering and saying among themselves, “Who is able to gain life?” 27. And Y’shua looked at them and said to them, “With the sons of men, this is not possible, but with Elohim it is. For everything is possible with Elohim.” 28. And Keefa began to say, “Behold we have left everything and followed you.” 29. Y’shua answered and said, “Truly I say to you there is no man who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake and for my Good News, 30. who will not receive one hundredfold (back to him). But in this time (he receives) these houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and fields with persecution. (Then), in the world to come (he will receive) life that is eternal. 31. And many are first who will be last, and last who will be first.”
Note 46 Exodus 20:13-16; Deuteronomy 5:17-20
Note 47 Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 5:16
Note 48 Please see footnote for Matthew 19:24 regarding “gamala.”
Yesha 'yahu (Isaiah) 46 (CJB)
1. Bel bows down, N’vo stoops low;
their idols are borne by animals, beasts of burden.
The loads you yourselves were carrying
are now burdening tired animals.
2. They stoop and bow down together;
they cannot save the burden,
but themselves go into captivity.
3. “Listen to me, house of Ya‘akov,
all who remain of the house of Isra’el:
I have borne you from birth,
carried you since the womb.
4. Till your old age I will be the same —
I will carry you until your hair is white.
I have made you, and I will bear you;
yes, I will carry and save you.
5. To whom will you liken me and equate me?
With whom will you compare me, as if we were similar?”
6. They squander the gold from their bags
and weigh silver on a scale;
they hire a goldsmith to make a god,
before which they fall down and worship!
7. It is borne on shoulders and carried,
then set in its place; and there it stands.
From its place it does not move.
If one cries to it, it cannot answer
or save anyone from his troubles.
8. Remember this, and stand firm.
Keep it in mind, you rebels.
9. “Remember things that happened
at the beginning, long ago —
that I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
10. At the beginning I announce the end,
proclaim in advance things not yet done;
and I say that my plan will hold,
I will do everything I please to do.
11. I call a bird of prey from the east,
the man I intended, from a distant country.
I have spoken and will bring it about;
I have made a plan, and I will fulfill it.
12. Listen to me, you stubborn people,
so far from righteousness:
13. I am bringing my justice nearer,
it is not far away;
my salvation will not be delayed,
I will place my salvation in Tziyon
for Isra’el my glory.
Help us to study The Word and be spiritually prepared!
Having eyes to see and ears to hear!
© 2014 - 2018 Edward Karl Schenk. All rights reserved.
Shim’on | שִׁמְעוֹן | Simeon
Powered by Jewel Enterprises Worldwide
In all things..bad or good----Praise YAH!
Netzari Jewish, Walking "The Way" of Y’shua (יֵשׁוּעַ)
Isaiah 11; Acts 24:5,14-15; John 14:6
Hear -- Write -- BuildUP