Y'shua | יֵשׁוּעַ
... a light for the revelation of the Gentiles.
And a glory to your people Israel.
Isaiah 49:6 CJB| Luke 2:32 AENT
"Be Calm! Be Still! Be Quiet!"
Without air, how long before one is unconscious and then dead?
16 Tishrei 5778 (06 October 2017)
All of a sudden I realized that the situation was critical! A decision was needed immediately. A wrong decision could mean life or death.
Today’s topic is very simple – and very complex. I have often said that the day is coming when hearing The-VOICE- and then being obedient, may mean the difference between life and death. There is nothing new to that statement! All one has to do is listen to the testemony of Steve Lightle about his work is the USSR.
Last Friday (16 Tishrei 5778) was a normal Friday preparing for Shabbat, until I stopped to take my vitamins. It will go down in memory as the second day In my life where a wrong decision could be life or death. In my haste, on about the tenth pass by my vitamins in the kitchen I realized I was procrastinating. Deciding to take the minute required I stopped. Do you see the two round vitamins above? Well on that Friday they were a new addition and I did NOT notice. They were the last to be taken and they went down with difficulty. Somehow I inhaled the last one into my windpipe. No problem! Just cough. No change and worst, I realized two facts. 50% of my air was cut off and the vitamin seemed to be glued in place. Decision? Cough with greater force. That was a bad decision. Inhaling a greater amount of air for a forceful cough pulled the vitamin in further. Now my air was reduced by 70%. A panic started to rise up inside me. Any effort coughing required greater air but doing so might pull the vitamin in further and completely cut off all air. The more I could not breath, the greater the panic. Then I started praying. “YAH help me! Show me what to do.” Instantaneously and I mean at that very second I heard –The-VOICE-
“Lower you head lower than your waist”
Immediately I held onto a chair and holding my back straight lowered my head until in an inverted L position. Just as soon as I took this position I again heard a command from –The-VOICE-
“Be Calm! Be Still! Be Quiet!”
Slowly the panic drained as I stayed in the inverted L, even though my breathing did not improve. From the other room I hear but barely comprehend: “Do I call 911?”. I was on the knife edge of saying yes, but whispered “No”. I must have been ten minutes in that position, barely breathing remembering all the times I had been knocked uncoscious in my life, trying to remember what it felt like so that I would know when I was at the “end”. Rejecting that evil thought and focusing instead to trust YAH and think positive, I worked at prayer and staying calm, still and quiet. After a long time (10-15 minutes?) I could feel my breathing improving. Staying low, I went over to the sink and coughed the vitamin up on the first try with very little air. Realizing that the emergency was over, I sat down. Slowly, realizing how close I was to death and remembering Psalm 91. I lifted up praise and thanksgiving to YAH.
Every morning I pray over my wife as she leaves that “YAH send HIS Set Apart Messengers of Psalm 91 to keep her safe, to bring her, my daughter and granddaughter home safe each day.” Nevertheless if I had died – whether BAD or GOOD Praise YAH.
I am convinced that every Born Again Believer is led by the Word, Prayer and The Ruach; and that The Ruach communicates with every Believer in a unique manner, best for that person. But! One must CHOOSE to listen! The day is coming when hearing The-VOICE- and then being obedient, may mean the difference between life and death.
“Are you listening?”
John 10: (AENT)
27. My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they come after me.
28. And I give to them life that is eternal and they will not perish and no man will ever snatch them from my hands.
29. For my Father who gave them to me is greater than all, and no man is able to snatch them from the hands of my Father.
Psalm 91 (CJB)
1. You who live in the shelter of ‘Elyon, who spend your nights in the shadow of Shaddai,
2. who say to Adonai, “My refuge! My fortress! My God, in whom I trust!” —
3. he will rescue you from the trap of the hunter and from the plague of calamities;
4. he will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his truth is a shield and protection.
5. You will not fear the terrors of night or the arrow that flies by day,
6. or the plague that roams in the dark, or the scourge that wreaks havoc at noon.
7. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand; but it won’t come near you.
8. Only keep your eyes open, and you will see how the wicked are punished.
9. For you have made Adonai, the Most High, who is my refuge, your dwelling-place.
10. No disaster will happen to you, no calamity will come near your tent;
11. for he will order his angels to care for you and guard you wherever you go.
12. They will carry you in their hands, so that you won’t trip on a stone.
13. You will tread down lions and snakes, young lions and serpents you will trample underfoot.
14. “Because he loves me, I will rescue him; because he knows my name, I will protect him.
15. He will call on me, and I will answer him. I will be with him when he is in trouble. I will extricate him and bring him honor.
16. I will satisfy him with long life and show him my salvation.”
Help us to study The Word and be spiritually prepared!
Having eyes to see and ears to hear!
© 2014 - 2018 Edward Karl Schenk. All rights reserved.
Shim’on | שִׁמְעוֹן | Simeon
Powered by Jewel Enterprises Worldwide
In all things..bad or good----Praise YAH!
Netzari Jewish, Walking "The Way" of Y’shua (יֵשׁוּעַ)
Isaiah 11; Acts 24:5,14-15; John 14:6
Hear -- Write -- BuildUP